The technology of docking tabs assumes:
- The possibility to place and/or group the tabs manually on the screen and categorize anchors logically. For example, you can bring together all positions/trading/executions lists in one control center.
- Other tabs such as News/Protocol/Strategy Escort etc. can be assembled to form an info center if required.
- Charts and chart containers can be placed within an appropriate charting space.
The AgenaTrader workspace design and grouping is highly flexible, and can be customized to adapt the layout to suit your needs:
- If you drag a tab (by clicking and holding the left mouse button), the docking buttons will become visible. Now you can release the tab over one of these buttons and it will be placed accordingly.
- Alternatively, you can distribute them manually as you wish across multiple monitors (6-8).
- Using the same drag and drop method you can also change the order of tabs within a group.
Detaching a tab when using a multi-display system
1. A right click on the tab will open the following contextualized menu:
2. Select the Detach menu item to move the tab to a different display.
3. To reattach the tab, right click on it and select the Attach option from the context menu.
4. To add a further tab to a detached tab, right mouse click on the tab to be attached and select the Attach to option.
5. If you want to move a detached tab back to the main window (or to a different window) use the Attach to option in the context menu again. The selected window will display the background color as slightly transparent during this process to clarify the user's choice.
Select the Rename option to change the name of an existing tab and the Close option to close the tab.
Potential issues may arise when working with multiple PCs and Dropbox.
If you save your AgenaTrader data in Dropbox in order to use the same settings on different PCs, then you may face problems involving disappearing windows due to the difference in display settings of your monitors. To avoid this issue, save your AgenaTrader workspace without detached windows. You can detach them once more after loading the configurations.